Ways to curl hair with curling iron
As you probably know, the easiest way to curl your hair is by using the curling iron. What you maybe don’t know is that there are many different methods to do it, and each one will give you different outcome.
Knowing these methods is a good way to achieve a variety of looks without using any other styling tools or hair stylists.
With good hair products and a hint of patience, you can create curls of all kinds, here are few tips how to do it.
Before we start, you should know, high temperature is required for coarse or thick hair (around 400 degrees) and fine hair requires a lower temperature. Choose the heat setting for your hair (The curling iron’s manual can help you with that).
A great look for many girls is the waves look. This type of curl is mild and gives a stylish twist to your hair.
So what to do to get awesome waves?
- Spray clean, dry hair with a heat protectant.
- Take about 1-inch wide section of hair. Hold the section at the tip, and place the iron a few inches away from the root of the hair (about 2 inches).
- Then, loosely wind the hair around the curling iron (choose the direction of the waves).
- Hold for 5 seconds, and release.
- Do this process again for the entire head, and finish with a hairspray to hold the style
Spiral curls is the classic style of curl. Gives you bouncy great look
So what to do to get great spiral curls?
- Brush your hair, use a heat protectant cream.
- Take a 1½ -inch wide section of hair, and tightly wind it around the iron, hold the section at the tip, and place the iron a few inches away from the root of the hair (about 2 inches).
- Wind your hair tightly, and hold for 8 seconds.
- For big, soft curls, release the section, then use your fingers or a small comb to arrange your hair. Do not brush it.
- Once you release the curl, you should spray a shine spray and maybe even accessorize with a clip.
Oscar Pin Curls
This is glamorous style of curls often seen on sophisticated Hollywood women on big events.
So what to do to get Hollywood style curls?
- Brush your clean hair
- Take a 2-inch wide section.
- Use a heat protectant spray (to prevent heat damage).
- Run the iron down the section to smooth it out. And from the tip of the section downwards, curl with the iron inward and upward until you are about 2 inches from the root.
- Hold for 8 sections, and release. When releasing, pin the curls to the head.
- Do the curling and pinning process until the entire head is pinned.
- Wait for few minutes, when the hair is cool, release the pins and spray with hairspray.